Monday, September 13, 2010

Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1)Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


As much as I loved this book I let myself worry and fret over things I saw tweeted over the last few weeks. They were not spoilers but, they were expressions of feeling evoked by the reader. Those still affect how we react to a book. As I read the book I worried about whether me being behind on the Mortal Instruments series was going to affect my reading this book since it was a prequel. It did not! Phew! Onto my thoughts about the book. As usual I will not post a description of the book since the blurb can be found on Amazon or another bookseller site. I will say that I found the characters well developed and the insight into each of their backgrounds was very well written. There was enough to make me want to know more and enough to make me have strong feelings one way or the other for each of them. The plot twist was excellent! I do not always try to figure out what will happen in a book. But, sometimes I may stop and say, "I see where this is going". When I did that with this book I can honestly say that I was truly shocked and eager to get to the finish line so I could see what else the story had in store for me. I look forward to reading the next installment!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Road to Murder by Camilla Trinchieri My rating: 5 of 5 stars Nico Doyle returns in the fourth book in the Tuscan Mystery series, The ...