Thursday, July 7, 2011

Heist Society (Heist Society, #1)Heist Society by Ally Carter

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Ally Carter really is a gifted storyteller. I was wondering if there would be any blending of the characters from the spy novels, but, Kat is her own person. They come from different worlds and want different things. Kat comes from a family of very gifted thieves of Russian descent. They are very close and have a sort of hierarchy that is very respected both inside the family and outside. They have some family members that have been adopted over the years that are just as close to them as the blood relatives. I must say that I love Hale. One thing they do have in common is the early loss of one parent, one that is held in very high regard by all that knew them. I hope in future books we get to learn more about Kat's mom.

In this first in the series Kat is dragged back into her old family business to try and protect her father from a very dangerous man. Because she is being forced to do something she was trying to get away from, and heads of her family have warned her off, she has to plan and somehow pull off something that has never been done. Along for the ride are the other family members her age and a stranger she has befriended which her father has dubbed the Heist Society. Ally Carter has plotted this thing within an inch of its life. The story is very tight. If there is a flaw in there I missed it. One of the best parts of this series is the traveling from country to country. I, of course, had to get on the Internet looking for a museum called The Henley.

Of course I am already looking forward to the next in the Heist Society, Uncommon Criminals. The synopsis sounds like a great ride!

Review can also be seen at: http://ladytechiesbookmusings.blogspot.c...



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Road to Murder by Camilla Trinchieri My rating: 5 of 5 stars Nico Doyle returns in the fourth book in the Tuscan Mystery series, The ...