Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms (The Inheritance Trilogy, #1)The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms by N.K. Jemisin

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I just finished this book. I thought to wait until tomorrow to give my review. But, as I was getting to the end of the book I thought about what it took for me to read it. When I read the synopsis on the back at the bookstore I thought, this is going to be good. I put it on the shelves with the hundreds of others in my to be read library and there it sat. The second in the series came out and the ratings were great and I felt like I had to move on it so I could see what the second book in the trilogy had in store. I started the first chapter and thought oh no I see where this is going and I am not in the mood for it. But, I could not have been more right and more wrong. This book is full of magic. I do not mean in the sense that the players in the book use magic. I mean in the sense that I had trouble putting it down once I put aside my fear of how it might end. I was drawn to this book every free moment. I even had to find the author on Twitter so I could see what else she was writing about. I have to say that I am glad I gave it the chance it so very much deserved and it will stay in my library.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Road to Murder by Camilla Trinchieri My rating: 5 of 5 stars Nico Doyle returns in the fourth book in the Tuscan Mystery series, The ...