Thursday, January 24, 2019

Cinderella and the Geek (British Bad Boys, #1)Cinderella and the Geek by Christina Phillips
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Cinderella and the Geek is the first in the British Bad Boys series. I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own. I know I am late with my review, but, in my defense, I do work a LOT, but, I am so glad that I took time out to read this book. It has some of my favorite topics, IT and British men. Alice is working at a gaming company that is quite successful and looking to break into the United States with its game. This job is a temporary stop before Alice leaves for university several hours away. She appears to be working for a year and saving her money while living at home with her mother.

Harry is one of the owners of the gaming company and co-owns it with his friend Caleb. Both are serious techies and from all accounts both great guys who are great looking. Alice's office is right next to Harry's and both have crushes on each other but neither has acted on it until Harry needs a date for an awards ball where he is in the running for being the sexiest geek. It appears to be a pretend date but, the only people who seem to be fooled is Harry and Alice as it gives each of them the chance to pretend to act in a way that they really wanted to act anyhow like touching and holding hands. It is the kiss that really sparks things and they start to date in secret. This leads to a great start of a relationship until it is time for Alice to leave for school. It is a great story and it is interesting to see the dialogue of two people who should talk to each other instead of holding so much dialog in their heads. I look forward to the next in the series. View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Road to Murder by Camilla Trinchieri My rating: 5 of 5 stars Nico Doyle returns in the fourth book in the Tuscan Mystery series, The ...