Sunday, May 26, 2019

Roman Count Down (Rick Montoya Italian Mystery #6)Roman Count Down by David P. Wagner
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I am always jumping into the books in the Rick Montoya series as soon as I know they are available. I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own. I have been to a few countries and some of the main touristy countries but Italy is a place that I always return to time after time. I used to go every other year and do my best to visit a different part of Italy each time I visit. Of course whenever a family member visits I find myself in Rome over and over which is not a hardship. I have come to be able to find my way through some of the neighborhoods without direction which makes the series one of which I am quite fond.

Roman Countdown is a wonderful glimpse into Rick's life that the reader has not previously been privy and it is great. The mystery is quite intriguing where a Count was murdered while out doing some out of character things that really make me excited to know how things tie together. One of my most favorite parts is how detailed the story is with the streets, food, people, buildings, architecture, and art. I stayed and wandered through the area just off of the Piazza Navona which prominently plays as an area where the story takes place. It also introduces me to areas which I have not yet visited. I love this series and I love the characters, Uncle Piero, and the new characters the reader is introduced to in each book. Luckily the author appears to publish them pretty often and I am excited to see what Rick gets up to next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Road to Murder by Camilla Trinchieri My rating: 5 of 5 stars Nico Doyle returns in the fourth book in the Tuscan Mystery series, The ...