Monday, October 31, 2011

Heartless (The Parasol Protectorate, #4)Heartless by Gail Carriger

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Excellent! I managed to get my hands on an ARC of Heartless a bit prior to release date. I also purchased the paperback because I like collecting the covers. I love this series so much that this is also one for which I buy the audiobooks. The reader is wonderful! I wanted to say awesome but, I have been told by my sister that this word is being overused so I have to find an alternate word for awesome and amazing. Hard work that is really. I am overdue for this review and I have to buy the audiobook because they tend to run a bit behind the physical copies. I hope they have it so I can purchase it for listening during my overseas trip.

Heartless is the follow-up to Blameless where things hit the fan with Alexia's pregnancy. She's back in London and extremely pregnant. Things have gone haywire with the vampires and their reaction to her pregnancy and these machinations go to the very top of their organization. There are a lot of surprises in this book related to Alexia's friendships and I think despite her being soulless she sure seems to draw people to her, even if it is just because she is needed for her help. I am not positive if her group is what people refer to as The Ton but, it seems like that might be the case and that group of people sure are gossipy.

Speaking of shake-ups. There is also a huge change with the werewolves. Boy, did I not see that happening. Gail Carriger sure does have a great imagination and she really does immerse herself in the world of Steampunk. Just take a look at her Tweets and her website. If there is anything Steampunk related you can bet she has a finger on the pulse of it. I am eagerly awaiting not only Timeless but also the first of The Finishing School series.

Review can also be seen at http://ladytechiesbookmusing.blogspot.co...


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Road to Murder by Camilla Trinchieri My rating: 5 of 5 stars Nico Doyle returns in the fourth book in the Tuscan Mystery series, The ...