Friday, November 25, 2011

Explosive Eighteen (Stephanie Plum, #18)Explosive Eighteen by Janet Evanovich

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I always enjoy this series. Yes, it is formulaic, even if the details change. But, I'm not sure how readers would respond if she did change things. There is no need for me to rehash the blurb from the back of the book. But, I have to say that Joyce was quite entertaining in this book. I'm guessing if Stephanie did go up to her parents' house and talk to them either her mom would behave just like her, or she would be a person who is oblivious to most things going on around her.

Honestly, most of the funny parts involved Lula. That woman is hilarious and for someone as tough as she is she can surprise you with how tenderhearted and kind she can be. Sherry Shepard is about the only one in the roles that is the right fit for the movie, in my opinion. None of the others in the roles fit what I envision as I have read this series over the years. I can say that the new character of the book that was quite funny was Buggy the purse snatcher. I'm still an avid fan of these books and will continue to read them until I no longer laugh or enjoy the read.


Review can also be seen at http://ladytechiesbookmusings.blogspot.c...


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Road to Murder by Camilla Trinchieri My rating: 5 of 5 stars Nico Doyle returns in the fourth book in the Tuscan Mystery series, The ...