Monday, July 7, 2014

From Paris with Love (Doubting Abbey, #2)From Paris with Love by Samantha Tonge
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

One of the most interesting things happened with this title. I requested it on NetGalley without even knowing it was the follow-up to Doubting Abbey which I really enjoyed. I started reading it and had a deja vu with the characters so I went and looked up the author's name and realized this was the next step in the hilarious antics from Lord Edward and Gemma. I think of that story and the first thing that pops in my mind is the imitation of Titanic.

This story had some great Gemma antics as well. Her internal dialogue was hilarious as always. She also gets to further her adoration of Kate Middleton. Who knew I would ever have a reason to type that name? In From Paris with Love, Gemma is visiting Paris with Edward and he is still waiting for a response to his marriage proposal. She's also in Paris to enhance her cooking skills at a famous Parisian restaurant. Edward is working to increase his skills as a host. They have a bit of notoriety from the reality show they both participated in from Doubting Abbey. They introduce us to a host of Parisian characters that really enhance the enjoyment of this book. There is a side story that just makes things more fun and gives From Paris with Love its adventure and fun. I do not know if there will be more books in this series but, I can say that I will definitely read them if there are more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Road to Murder by Camilla Trinchieri My rating: 5 of 5 stars Nico Doyle returns in the fourth book in the Tuscan Mystery series, The ...