Saturday, February 12, 2011

Vicious Grace (The Black Sun's Daughter, #3)Vicious Grace by M.L.N. Hanover

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I have a hard time with this review. I wish we could give half stars. It took me a while to decide what my problem with it was and I finally figured it out. I did not like what happened to the characters and the turn the plot took. I did not like the ending. But, then I realized that this does not make it a bad book and therefore it should not affect the rating. The writing was still good. The characters and their individual stories were still well written. I realized that just because what I wanted to happen did not happen does not make it a bad story or even bad writing. It just means I wished for something different for the characters and I did not get what I wanted. The biggest problem for me is I came out of this not liking anyone except Ex. This led me to question what the author's intent was and I thought well that is not a good question. A good question is when the author began writing this part of the story did it and the characters end up where she originally planned or did the story take on a life of its own and end up somewhere she had not necessarily planned but it was a naturally place for it to end up as the story was told. A good question is did she foresee how important Eric was to the readers even in how his story is told? I did not realize until reading this part of the story how important he was and how much I liked him. This means I am still on for the ride because I'm hoping this is all a dream or things will end up differently.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Road to Murder by Camilla Trinchieri My rating: 5 of 5 stars Nico Doyle returns in the fourth book in the Tuscan Mystery series, The ...