Saturday, May 28, 2011

Dead on the DeltaDead on the Delta by Stacey Jay

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Woohoo, I did love this book! I wish I could say that Annabelle and her flaws did not seem a bit reminiscent. But, that is what makes the book so good. Someone who goes through so much tends to find their path steeped with what people tend to call flaws. But, watching her work through them to find truth for herself and for her friends just drives this story. I have been enjoying my Kindle so much and waiting for the release date that I was shocked to see it in Barnes and Noble and remembered my love of physical books as I oooed and ahhhed over the cover and the feel of the actual book in my hands again. So of course I snatched it up and danced to the counter to purchase it.

Talk about a different take on the fey. Wow! Stacey Jay does not make them the sexy, hard to resist faeries we are used to in most of the books. These faeries seem to be the stuff of nightmares. I love the setting in the swamps of Louisiana and the interesting take on how things get the way they are for 3 of the southern states. I really want to see more on the history of that and hope the next book tells more.

I started to worry about the relationships because I honestly just do not want to read anymore love triangles. I'm not a huge romance fan but, I can tolerate it if it is not the center of the story and more backdrop or secondary. The author did a great job dealing with the relationship between Annabelle and Cane as well as her relationships with her friends and others in the town. I can honestly say I like Cane and hope things go well there. Annabelle is a woman in pain trying to get through her life, deal with a past she has basically ignored or anesthetized herself through and those that love her ignore it or push her towards doing better. But, there might be a bit of change in the wind and hopefully some of the newer people in Annabelle's life will help guide her to not only healing herself but also to more great storytelling by Stacey Jay.

Review also posted at http://ladytechiesbookmusings.blogspot.c...



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Road to Murder by Camilla Trinchieri My rating: 5 of 5 stars Nico Doyle returns in the fourth book in the Tuscan Mystery series, The ...