Monday, August 29, 2011

The Gray Man (Court Gentry, #1)The Gray Man by Mark Greaney

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I had been on a teenage secret agent book bender for a few weeks. Prior to that I was on an urban fantasy kick for possibly a year or more straight with breaks in between for mystery/thriller releases in series that I like. I was looking for something different and exciting to read. I read a 2nd in a series with a female assassin and really liked it and decided to see what else was out there. I did a search and found the Mark Greaney series, The Gray Man. I started reading it about 15 minutes before I had to start work and then wished I could take the day off.

This book was so full of action and intrigue. There was a great plot, but, the thing that draws me to this story is Jim. He is this larger than life character, part of which comes from the reputation and rumors that those in his part of the world have talked about for years, and the other part is just him. Mark Greaney writes these characters that jump off the page. The bad guys are extremely bad or, are they? The good guys might be good, but, given what is at risk in this book, maybe the good guys are the bad guys. It all gets thrown in the air and blown around like a huge tornado while the story is moving at a breakneck speed across multiple parts of the world.

If there any problems with spelling or editing I sure did not notice them and I am a stickler for those things. I was working on my dissertation yesterday and kept glancing at my Kindle wanting to pick my book up and read it. I had to make it a reward to read my book so I could make some progress and I have a huge deadline facing me on 9/15 for the first 3 chapters. This is how much I loved this book. I have already purchased On Target, the next installment in The Gray Man series and cannot wait.
Okay, now to see if the author has a Twitter account or Facebook page so I can follow him adoringly.

Review can also be seen at : http://Ladytechiesbookmusings.blogspot.c...



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Road to Murder by Camilla Trinchieri My rating: 5 of 5 stars Nico Doyle returns in the fourth book in the Tuscan Mystery series, The ...