Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Kissed by Fire (Sunwalker Saga #2)Kissed by Fire by Shéa MacLeod

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I have to admit that I am happy I found this series, especially since I have walked away from two or three that I was following closely. The one thing I like about Kissed by Fire is that the author does not drag a storyline on and on, sort of like how just when you think Jayne has caught Red John on The Mentalist after all these years, bam! He still doesn't have him. I am not a fan of storylines that carry on for multiple books, especially major storylines. I like to see some form of resolution in each book, even in a series. I have to say that Shea MacLeod was consistent with very strong writing, storyline, and characters.

In this installment all three of our major players Morgan, Inigo, and Kabita all have their individual story arcs or issues they are dealing with and there is a nice major story arch with the addition of dragons. I love dragons. Another thing that this author does well is flashbacks as a means of giving historical backdrop to Morgan's history. The reader does not get confused with tense or when something is occurring. A few great twists with Morgan's friendships/relationships and I like the way things turned out. I hope there won't be a lot of back and forth because that is one thing that makes me run screaming from paranormal romance along with love triangles. I'm more on the urban fantasy side of things and Shea MacLeod does a wonderful job writing UF.


I wanted to check on Shea MacLeod's website for the spelling of Morgan's best friend and boss and had a very welcome surprise. Book 3, Kissed by Smoke, is being released next month. Excellent!

Review can also be seen at http://ladytechiesbookmusings.blogspot.c...

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Road to Murder by Camilla Trinchieri My rating: 5 of 5 stars Nico Doyle returns in the fourth book in the Tuscan Mystery series, The ...