Thursday, August 19, 2010

Afterlife (The Resurrection Chronicles, #1)Afterlife by Merrie Destefano

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I received an ARC of this book and I am totally floored by it. It went beyond anything I could even imagine. It was urban fantasy based in a place I love to read about, New Orleans. But, this New Orleans is a futuristic one where life and death are completely turned on their ears. Where cats are not the only ones with nine lives, if you choose that path. (Not a spoiler because it is in the description on the back of the book. If fictionally questioning God's plan is offensive to the reader then this book may not be for you, unless you see it as just that, fiction. But, if you don't have to suspend belief in what is important to you to enjoy a book, then this book is a MUST READ. To say it is original is an understatement. It challenges you, makes you think it is going to turn left, then suddenly turns right. It grips your emotions and makes you fear for the characters because you care so much for what happens to them and about the choices that they make. I have to buy the official copy of it for my library because it is a must keep.



View all my reviews »

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Road to Murder by Camilla Trinchieri My rating: 5 of 5 stars Nico Doyle returns in the fourth book in the Tuscan Mystery series, The ...