The Osiris RitualThe Osiris Ritual by George Mann

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


This was a good follow-up to The Affinity Bridge. There are some aspects that troubled me, not with the writing, but, with content. But, that is my own personal preference and I will not let it taint my comments about the book. The depth of the characters is extremely well done, though I would like to know more about Ms. Hobbes' parents. Each time you think there is a singularity to the motives of Newbury and Hobbes, and really every other character in the book, you find that there is duplicity everywhere. It is intriguing and I cannot wait to find out what happens now that more secrets have been revealed. I did not feel as much of the immersion into the Victorian era as I did in the first installment. Not that it was not there, just that it was overshadowed by the characters, their decisions and actions.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog