Monday, August 30, 2010

The Osiris RitualThe Osiris Ritual by George Mann

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


This was a good follow-up to The Affinity Bridge. There are some aspects that troubled me, not with the writing, but, with content. But, that is my own personal preference and I will not let it taint my comments about the book. The depth of the characters is extremely well done, though I would like to know more about Ms. Hobbes' parents. Each time you think there is a singularity to the motives of Newbury and Hobbes, and really every other character in the book, you find that there is duplicity everywhere. It is intriguing and I cannot wait to find out what happens now that more secrets have been revealed. I did not feel as much of the immersion into the Victorian era as I did in the first installment. Not that it was not there, just that it was overshadowed by the characters, their decisions and actions.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Road to Murder by Camilla Trinchieri My rating: 5 of 5 stars Nico Doyle returns in the fourth book in the Tuscan Mystery series, The ...